Circulation and Computer Use Policy for Courtesy Patrons
- Policy Statement: The library provides limited
borrowing privileges and limited Windows computer access to
adult residents of Pennsylvania who are not Kutztown University
students or employees.
- Courtesy patrons must be registered at the library and
present their library card when borrowing materials.
- In order to register, a person must be an adult (18
years of age or older) and present one form of photo
identification (driver’s license, ID card, etc.) and proof
- High school students:
- High school students can receive a courtesy card for
borrowing books only. They must fill out the High School
Student Registration form, and return it with a parent’s
or guardian’s signature.
- High school students cannot receive a Windows
password. The Children’s Internet Protection Act (17
USC 1701-1741) requires Internet filter programs be
installed on public access computers used by minor-age
children to protect them from “adult” content. KU does
not have internet filters.
- Loan period: 28 days.
- Renewals: None.
- Holds & recalls: None.
- Maximum number of books at one time: 25.
- Overdue fines: Ten cents per day per item up to a
maximum of $10.00. Overdue fees are waived if a patron pays
to replace an item, or provides a new copy of a lost item.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of
item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges
suspended indefinitely when the patron owes lost item fees.
- Fees for printing: Ten cents per page.
- Audiovisual materials: Courtesy Patrons are not
allowed to borrow audiovisual equipment.
- Interlibrary loan & Document delivery: Courtesy
patrons are not eligible for interlibrary loan or document
delivery. Refer courtesy patrons who need to use
interlibrary loan or document delivery to their local
public library for assistance.
<< Back to Library Policies
Page updated 8 March 2012