Circulation and Computer Use Policy for Courtesy Patrons
- Policy Statement: The library provides limited
borrowing privileges and limited Windows computer access to
adult residents of Pennsylvania who are not Kutztown University
students or employees.
- Courtesy patrons must be registered at the library and
present their library card when borrowing materials.
- In order to register, a person must be an adult (18
years of age or older) and present one form of photo
identification (driver’s license, ID card, etc.) and proof
- High school students:
- High school students can receive a courtesy card for
borrowing books only. They must fill out the High School
Student Registration form, and return it with a parent’s
or guardian’s signature.
- High school students cannot receive a Windows
password. The Children’s Internet Protection Act (17
USC 1701-1741) requires Internet filter programs be
installed on public access computers used by minor-age
children to protect them from “adult” content. KU does
not have internet filters.
- Loan period: 28 days.
- Renewals: None.
- Holds & recalls: None.
- Maximum number of books at one time: 25.
- Overdue fines: Ten cents per day per item up to a
maximum of $10.00. Overdue fees are waived if a patron pays
to replace an item, or provides a new copy of a lost item.
- Fees for lost items: Standard fee for type of
item borrowed; no processing fee; borrowing privileges
suspended indefinitely when the patron owes lost item fees.
- Fees for printing: Ten cents per page.
- Audiovisual materials: Courtesy Patrons are not
allowed to borrow audiovisual equipment.
- Interlibrary loan & Document delivery: Courtesy
patrons are not eligible for interlibrary loan or document
delivery. Refer courtesy patrons who need to use
interlibrary loan or document delivery to their local
public library for assistance.
Page updated 13 November 2013
Next you’ll see the secure donation page of the Kutztown University Foundation. Simply change the ‘Designation’ menu choice to Rohrbach Library Fund.