Fall 2020 Dining Services Plan
We are committed to the safety and well-being of the students, faculty, staff and employees as we return to campus for the fall semester. The re-opening plan for the fall 2020 semester is a guide which implements additional safety processes and protocols that follow federal, state, local, Aramark and Kutztown University guidelines to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. The plan will adapt to the guidelines and protocols as they are updated and decisions are made at the university level.
Meal Plan Begins – Dinner – Wednesday, Aug. 19
Meal Plan Ends – Breakfast – Wednesday, Nov. 25
General Procedures and Guidelines:
- Dining Services will implement consistent communication with guests and team members through supporting marketing documents will include appropriate signage to be strategically placed throughout the dining venues to communicate appropriate physical distancing and effective traffic flow.
- Physical Distancing
- Dining Services will implement physical cues where possible for employees and customers to maintain a six-foot distance while in the dining spaces. All guests are reminded to physically-distance whenever possible.
- Facial Coverings
- Facial coverings are required for all Aramark employees during their shift and are part of their uniform. Aramark will provide a mask for each employee.
- Students must wear a facial covering while in the dining facilities, including while waiting in line, ordering, picking an order up, and disposing of trash. The covering may only be removed while seated and eating a meal.
- A student may be refused service if they are not wearing a facial covering.
- Physical Barriers
- Physical barriers will be installed to separate the customers from employees in order to reduce transmission risk. Stanchions may be used to guide the customers through the dining venues and to aid in physical distancing.
- Occupancy and Capacities
- The capacity limits of dining spaces will be maintained based on the current Pennsylvania COVID-19 Phase Guidance for Restaurant and Retail Food Industry. Closer to reopening, Dining Services will provide occupancy guidelines on our website at www.kutztown.campusdish.com.
- Dining Experience
- Touchless payment and mobile ordering will be used whenever possible. In the Academic Forum Food Court, Chick-Fil-A, Toss and Roll (salad), Press and Roll (deli), Zoca (Mexican-style), and Pizza will only be available by mobile ordering. Details on the mobile ordering app will be available online closer to opening.
- Self-serve areas will be replaced with fully-served stations.
- Seating will follow the physical distancing guidelines and tables will be clear for ease of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Closer to opening, menus will be available for preview online for ease of ordering.
- For the fall semester, To-Go Meal options will be available at the Cub Café Express and South Dining Hall First Floor. When this to-go meal option is used, the meal plan will have a temporary 60 minutes pause. A full policy will be available online closer to opening.
- Dining Services Employees
- All employees will be subjected to a health screening prior to the start of each shift, which will include questioning and temperature checks.
- All outside vendors will be required to wear facial coverings and may be subject to health screenings.
- Employees will be trained on additional health and safety issues regarding the current health crisis, which will include facial coverings, disposable gloves, sanitizing and disinfecting, and chemical usage.
- All employees are required to wear the issued facial covering at all times while in the building and working, except for while drinking or eating in designated spaces.
- In the event of an employee probable or confirmed case of COVID-19, Aramark will follow the state recommendations for a probable or confirmed case and Aramark Health Screening Guidance.
- COVID-19 – Customer Policy
- In the event of a student with a probable or confirmed case who is in quarantine or isolation, Dining Services will follow the Meal Delivery for Quarantine Purposes procedure to support the safety and welfare of the campus community.
- Additional employees will be staffed to increase the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting dining areas, including seating tables, bathrooms, handles, and other customer and employee touchpoints.
- Additional chemicals targeted on sanitizing and disinfecting will be stocked to be used by customers and employees. This will include additional hand sanitizing stations, disinfecting wipes for food contact and non-food contact surfaces, and tabling sanitizing wipes.
Dining Services Hours of Operation – Fall 2020
*Dining hours of operation are subject to change
- South Dining Hall
- Monday - Sunday, 6 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- The first floor will be take-out only and offer single dining plan swipe meals packaged to-go for your convenience.
- The second floor will offer all-you-care-to-eat dine-in options with physically distanced seating available throughout all available dining spaces.
- The gaming tables, computer and gaming lounges will be temporarily unavailable during the fall semester.
- Cub Café
- Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Cub Café Express
- Located in MSU 223
- Monday – Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., and 4-6:30 p.m.
- The Cub Café Express will be take-out only and offer single dining plan swipe meals packaged to-go for your convenience.
- Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Friday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Academic Forum
- Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- In the Academic Forum Food Court, Chick-Fil-A, Toss and Roll (salad), Press and Roll (deli), Zoca (Mexican-style), and Pizza will be available only by mobile ordering.
- Academic Forum Express Meals To-Go will be take-out only and packaged to go for your convenience, payable by cash, credit, Bear Bucks and Flex Dollars.
- Academic Grounds Coffee Shop will be take-out only and packaged to go for your convenience, payable by cash, credit, Bear Bucks and Flex Dollars.
- Book and Brew (Library) – closed
- Smoothie Bar (Student Recreation Center) – closed
- A range of individually packaged meals and snacks delivered for each event, in accordance with university guidance. Additional details will be available online closer to opening.