Health Promotion and Alcohol & Other Drug Programs
- Well-being programs for student organizations/residence halls.
- Kutztown University's Health & Wellness Expos, postponed for fall 2020.
- Planning sessions for Bears Recovery, a new initiative to design a recovery support program for students.
- FREE evidence-informed facilitator trainings for students on alcohol, cannabis, community coalitions, StepUP! and peer-to-peer programs.
- Participant in the President's Roundtable on Alcohol & Other Drugs.
- Athletes Against Alcohol Abuse, a prevention curriculum explicitly designed for club and sports teams.
- AlcoholEDU for College and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates for incoming first-year and transfer undergraduate students, Information for NEW first-year undergraduate students on how to access both programs.
- Peer-to-peer trainings for undergraduate and graduate students on wellbeing and substance abuse prevention programs.
- Alcohol Screenings-Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) screenings to assist student organizations in meeting their management goals.
- One-on-one programs for referred and self-referred students offered virtually- Tobacco Cessation, Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students (BASICS), Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students (CASICS).
Additional Health and Wellness Resources
- COVID19 update Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Sexual Health Association, Sex, and COVID19
- Google Scholar, Scholarly articles, wellbeing, and sleep
- Google Scholar, Scholarly articles for disparities in healthcare
- PA Department of Health Quitline 1-877-724-1090, online resources to quit tobacco
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention facts about electronic cigarettes, their health effects, and the risks of using e-cigarettes.
- eCHECKUP TO GO programs personalized for students. Take time to examine the substance use of Alcohol and Cannabis. It’s FREE.
- Sexual & Reproductive Health, GO ASK ALICE, Health Center’s Services for STD Testing and Women's Health Care.
- 10 Tips for Better Sleep at College, EVERYDAY HEALTH
- ChooseMyPlate U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The Importance of Mental Fitness, healthline.
- How to Find Time to Exercise in College, ThoughtCo and Student Recreation Center