Housing & Dining Special Projects Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities:
(Under the Supervision of the Associate Director of Housing & Dining Services)
The Housing and Dining Special Project Coordinator is a member of Kutztown University’s Housing and Dining Services Team. The Special Projects Coordinator assists with housing processes, dining programming, facility management and retention while adhering to the mission and core values of the department.
Duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist with the development, implementation and facilitation of evening programming series in dining venues alongside the dining services vendor.
- Assist with the planning and execution of dining services programs.
- Assist with marketing to increase meal plan sales.
- Assist with the recruitment and advisement of the student Food Advisory Board.
- Assist with the marketing for housing processes (room selection, residence hall tours, preview day, accepted student days).
- Assist with implementation of housing processes (residence hall closings, room selections, etc.).
- Working with the Adirondack and My College Roomie software systems.
- Establish a working relationship with graduate Resident Directors that is supportive of their work with Housing.
- Assist with the University SMS Access System (distribution of pin codes).
- Manage and oversee a designated Special Interest Housing Group including establishing a community, conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the community students, and serve as a resource to students in the community.
- The Special Projects Coordinator may provide support for other Residence Life monitored Special Interest Housing Communities.
- The Special Projects Coordinator maintains regularly scheduled hours in the Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services Office.
- The Special Projects Coordinator resides on campus and is available to assume evening and weekend responsibilities, including serving in an on-call duty rotation. While on duty the Resident Director may work closely with Public Safety, Police Services, custodial staff and other University
- The Special Projects Coordinator provides an educational discipline process for residents, which includes timely adjudication of all citations and assigned incident reports as well as efficient management of related correspondence.
- The Special Projects Coordinator performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Housing and Dining Services, and/or their designees.
- The Special Projects Coordinator pursues continuing professional development through participation in professional associations and University activities and committees.
- The Special Projects Coordinator serves as a role model for the Kutztown University community, the Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services office and students.
- The Special Projects Coordinator is accountable to exercise appropriate judgment as it relates to professional behavior and sound decision making at all times.
For remuneration and frequently asked questions about our graduate student positions, please visit our department's Graduate Student Opportunities page.