Transfer Education Admissions Requirements
Transfer Education Applicants with fewer than 48 Credits:
Transfer applicants with fewer than 48 credit hours must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA from all colleges/post-secondary institutions attended at the time of admissions decision.
Transfer Education Applicants with 48 or More Credits:
Transfer applicants with 48 or more credit hours must achieve teacher candidacy. To achieve teacher candidacy the applicant must meet the following admission requirements at the time of admissions decision:
- Earned a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- Earned a C or better in three credits of composition, three credits of literature, and six credits of mathematics.
- Pass ETS Core or PAPA (reading, writing, and mathematics modules) and have official scores on file at Kutztown University OR achieve one of the following basic skills alternatives at the time of matriculation:
- SAT score (old test) of no less than 1550 (with a minimum score of 500 on each individual section - Critical Reading, Writing, and Mathematics). Note: Students may combine section scores from different test administrations, using their best score earned from each test administration.
- A composite score of 23 on the ACT. The composite score of 23 shall be accompanied by a combined English/Writing score of 22 and a Math score of 21.
Applicants who have not met all requirements cannot be admitted as an education major. They can still be admitted into another major if eligible, and later request that their application is re-evaluated after they meet the education admissions requirements.
Once admitted to teacher candidacy, the teacher candidate will be able to complete the educational program provided he/she meets the additional requirements - maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, pass Praxis II, obtain up-to-date child abuse, criminal background, FBI and TB testing clearances, and complete satisfactory academic progress and satisfactory field experiences in professional semester and clinical experience.