KU Council of Trustees Approve Fall 2020 Graduates, Issue Three Resolutions at Thursday's December Meeting
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Council of Trustees approved the candidates for degrees in preparation for KU's Fall 2020 Virtual Commencement to highlight the Council’s December virtual board meeting Thursday afternoon.
Nearly 475 students will be awarded degrees during Kutztown University's fall virtual commencement at 9 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 12. Dr. Kenneth S. Hawkinson, university president, and Dr. Anne Zayaitz, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs, will preside the virtual ceremony. For more information, visit https://www.kutztown.edu/virtualcommencement.
The KU Council of Trustees and President Hawkinson presented three resolutions at Thursday's meeting, honoring the KU Health and Wellness Center for their service during the COVID-19 pandemic and the careers of Zayaitz – 36 years of service to Kutztown University – and Ms. Sharon Picus, Kutztown University's former interim vice president for Administration and Finance and the university's chief human resources officer for 22 years.
In other business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved minutes from Oct. 22 meeting.
* Approved 11 internship agreements with Bethlehem Area Public Library (Library/Technologies Education), Creative Health Services (Psychology), Easton Area Public Library (Library/Technologies Education), Kutztown Community Library (Library/Technologies Education), Lancaster County Office of Aging (Art Education), Lititz Rec Center (Sport Management), Neighborhood Health Center (Counselor Education), Pennsylvania Counseling Services (Counselor Education), University of Delaware (Sport Management), VP Music Production, Spirit Music Collective (Music) and YSC Sports (Sport Management).
* Approved dual admission agreements with Johnson College and Luzerne County Community College.
* Approved a memorandum of understanding with Reading School District.
* Approved a letter of understanding with Lock Haven University.
* Approved transfer and articulation agreements with Bucks County Community College and Harrisburg Area Community College.
* Approved audit report on financial statements.
* Approved the certification of external university financial support.
* Approved auxiliary fees for 2021-22.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m., Thursday, March 18.