Act 101 is a comprehensive academic support program which provides assistance in developing academic and personal skills including individualized academic support, academic advising/coaching, tutoring, workshops, leadership, responsibility, accountability and camaraderie.
ACT 101 is sponsored through the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) is designed to:
- Help students explore their potential through a successful transition from high school through college.
- Help students achieve good academic standing.
- Provide personalized academic support as they earn their college degree(s).
- Encourage students to discover the value of hard work and progress and become lifelong learners.
Act 101 Program Provides
- Living and learning community.
- Stress management workshops.
- Service projects.
- Gateway to rest of university.
- Extra support necessary for students who benefit from assistance with their academic courses.
- Improves student academic performance, retention and graduation rates.
- Assist students in developing responsibility, accountability and self-confidence.
- Information involving financial literacy to students.
- Academic coaching and advising.
- Provides a sense of belonging and positive connection to KU.