Center for the Enhancement of Teaching
The Kutztown University Center for the Enhancement of Teaching (CET) offers programs, activities, and resources to support excellent teaching throughout the university.
Center for the Enhancement of Teaching Mission
The Kutztown University CET exists primarily to facilitate the involvement of faculty in a dialogue regarding the art and science of university teaching. To this end, activities sponsored by the Center will be designed to:
- Encourage discussion and facilitate an exchange of accrued wisdom concerning issues of teaching and learning.
- Disseminate information, develop projects, and conduct inquiries that enhance the knowledge and practice of university instruction.
- Stimulate and enable the development of innovative teaching strategies and emerging technologies.
- Provide new faculty with information and support as part of their orientation to the university.
- Promote and facilitate awareness of and adaptation to differences in faculty and student teaching and learning styles.
- Solicit and respond to the needs, interests and concerns of the faculty on issues related to college-level teaching and learning.
- Affirm the institution's commitment to teaching excellence.
The Kutztown University CET has instructional support as its focus. For questions and additional information about CET activities, please contact the faculty director, Dr. Yun (Amy) Lu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CET Fall 2022 Hours and Location
Our Fall 2022 CET hours start on September 6th, in Rohrbach Library Room 6. Feel free to stop by RL06, call 610-683-1518, or get in touch with us via Zoom(https://kutztown.zoom.us/my/kucet) or via email (email@example.com).
CET Fall 2022 hours in RL 06:
- 1-3 p.m. Monday- 1-3 p.m. Tuesday- 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. Wednesday- 9-11 a.m. Thursday- 9-11 a.m. Friday
Please also save the date for future Fall 2022 CET sessions (all held at 11:00am on Thursdays).
CET Fall 2022 Schedule
Zoom Link for Zoom Sessions: https://kutztown.zoom.us/j/97683843693
Location for In-person Sessions: RL06
- 3pm on 09/15: FYE-CET session on "Scaffolding Research Methods in First Year Seminars" by Dr. Lynn Kutch (zoom)
- 11am on 09/22: SSAE-CET joint session “Starfish and Student Retention: Progress Surveys and Early Intervention Part I” by Ms. Cheryl Brattley (zoom)
- 11am on 10/13: UGRC-CET session “Scholarly Research Opportunities for All through CUREs” by Dr. Lance Barton (zoom)
- 11am on 10/27: SSAE-CET joint session “Starfish and Student Retention: Progress Surveys and Early Intervention Part II” by Ms. Cheryl Brattley (zoom)
11am on 11/10: CET session "Ungrading in Online Courses: Technological Tools that Build Community” by Dr. Elizabeth Schneider (RL 06)
11am on 11/17: CET session at “Equitable, Inclusive, and Engaging Teaching” by Dr. Mahfuzul Khondaker and Mr. Doug Scott (zoom)
More information about CET presentations in Fall 2022 can be found in the CET website here.