Mail Services is a department reporting to KU Business Services, a unit within the division of Finance and Facilities. The department is committed to receiving, processing, and distributing campus mail and US mail, parcels, packages, and overnight mail in a quick and efficient manner. Staff members provide mail delivery on a daily basis and processes metered, certified, insured, and Express mail.
As mail and shipping experts, we strive to inform the university community of best practices for sending mail and packages to minimize postage and shipping costs. For information or assistance on how to save on postage costs or other mail concerns, please call us at 610-683-4141.
- To ensure that the university's written communications move efficiently to their destination whenever possible within one working day of receipt.
- To promote the efficient use of addressing and mailing services through the use of automated equipment.
- To encourage cooperation in eliminating unnecessary or unsolicited mail.
Mail Services manages central receiving at KU and is responsible for the delivery and collection of all incoming and outgoing mail and packages for faculty, staff, and students, such as:
- US Postal Service mail and First Class, Priority, and Priority Express packages
- UPS overnight and ground packages
- FedEx express and ground packages
- Lazership and DHL packages
- Interoffice mail and packages
Mail Services General Information
Mail Services is located at 425 Baldy Road in the Grounds Garage. However, stamps and other postal services (such as UPS and FedEx) may be purchased in 107 AF (KU Business Services) for personal use.
Hours of Operation:
Regular: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.