On-Campus Banking With PSECU
PSECU, also known as the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union has partnered with Kutztown University to provide comprehensive banking services and financial education to the campus community.
What PSECU Offers
We have a Financial Education Center and ATM located in the McFarland Student Union on campus. Additional campus ATMs are located at the Academic Forum and South Dining Hall.
A free account that is truly free. Upon opening a checking account, we pre-fund your account with five dollars. You also get:
- No minimum balance
- No monthly fees
- No maintenance fees
- No complicated rules
- No surprise charges
You shouldn't have to pay to use your own money. That's why we offer a number of free options:
- Get cash at almost 70,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide
- Find at least one surcharge-free ATM on campus
- Receive rebates for non-network ATM fees
Debit Card and Rewards
As a college student, you know that every penny counts:
- For eligible debit card purchases of $10 or over, you’ll earn either $0.05 or $0.10 back on each purchase, based on qualifying factors
- Unlimited debit card usage with no transaction restrictions
- Overdraft transfer service you don’t have to pay to use
Manage your money — anytime, anywhere:
- 24/7 account access
- Set up direct deposit from your employer
- Free credit score service to help you monitor your score and stay on track
- Easy mobile and online deposits
- Free account alerts to your email, phone, Apple Watch, or Android Wear
- Manage your cards with our lock and unlock feature, travel notifications, and account alerts
- Free bill payer service
We also offer additional services including:
- Auto loans
- Credit cards
- Personal loans
- Real estate equity
- Retirement investing
From graduation to your first paycheck and beyond — we’re your partner for life.
On-campus, we offer:
- Scholarship opportunities for Kutztown students who are PSECU members
- Opportunities for students to earn commission as Campus Brand Ambassadors
- Financial education services and more
To join PSECU or to learn more about what we offer, please visit us in the McFarland Student Union, or go to www.psecu.com/students
280 McFarland Student Union
In-Person Office Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., 1 p.m.- 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please call to speak with a staff member or to set up an appointment.
Please call to check our hours for summer or break periods.
Who Are We?
College can be difficult. Banking doesn't have to be.
College is a time when you're likely to face new financial decisions and milestones. Being able to navigate this important period of your life and achieve long-lasting financial well-being is crucial, and we're here to help.
Opened in 1934, PSECU was founded by 22 ordinary people who made an extraordinary commitment to each other: to create a financial institution where pooled resources benefit all members.
Today, we're a full-service credit union serving more than 480,000 members. We still serve each member in the same ways that our founders intended.
We're also member-owned and not-for-profit. That means that some of our earnings go back to you in the form of dividends, perks and innovative services to keep more of your money where it belongs - with you.