Are you or someone you know in crisis? Please visit our Emergencies page.
Counseling & Psychological Services can be reached by telephone at 610-683-4072, by fax at 610-683-1548, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that email should not be used for emergencies or time-sensitive requests and is not a guaranteed confidential form of communication).
Kutztown University Counseling & Psychological Services
Health & Wellness Center
Suite 122 Beck Hall, First Floor
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530
(610) 683-4072 or fax at (610) 683-1548
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 am to 7:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES FACULTY AND STAFF:
Russell Gross, Jr., Ph.D., Faculty Psychologist (On leave for Spring, 2023)
Jennifer Hanson MA, LPC, Temporary Faculty Counselor
- M.A., Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Moravian Theological Seminary
- B.S., Psychology, DeSales University
Jennifer is the department's outreach coordinator. Jennifer has worked with youth and their families, providing a variety of services. She has most recently provided in-home trauma therapy via the Trauma-Focused CBT model to youth in Lehigh County.
Anthony B. Jefferson, Sr. MA, LPC, Temporary Faculty Counselor (Part-Time)
- M.A., Counseling, Missio Seminary
- B.A., Social Work, Desales University
Anthony is a veteran who served in the Persian Gulf War. His work history includes residential and out-patient clinical services and faculty instruction in higher education. He has extensive experience working with diverse populations and is involved in spiritual and grief counseling in his community.
Suzanne Kline, MA, Temporary Faculty Psychologist (Part-Time)
- Doctoral Level Coursework in Organizational Psychology, Rutgers University
- M.A., Marital, Family and Child Therapy, Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.A., Psychology Studies, West Chester University
- B.A., Psychology, Kutztown University
Suzanne has worked with military families in the National Guard. She is also involved in faith-based counseling in her community.
Laurane McGlynn, Psy. D., Faculty Psychologist, Non-Tenure-Track
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Chestnut Hill College
- M.S., Counseling Psychology and Human Services, Chestnut Hill College
- B.A., Advertising and Public Relations, University of South Florida.
Dr. McGlynn serves as a faculty psychologist, assistant professor and coordinator of group therapy for the counseling center. Dr. McGlynn has served on the Editorial Review Board of the Journal of the Pennsylvania Counseling Association and is a past president of the Lehigh Valley Psychological and Counseling Association. She is also a member of the American Group Psychotherapy Association. Dr. McGlynn provides service to the community by offering free mindfulness and meditation workshops to cancer survivors.
Jill Sober-White, MA, LPC, Temporary Faculty Counselor
- M.A., Pastoral Counseling, Moravian Theological Seminary
- B.S., Education, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
- Certified Grief Counseling Specialist
Jill is an active member of Society for Sexual, Affectional, Intersex, and Gender Expansive Identities (SAIGE) and Counselors for Social Justice. She serves as the CPS representative for the University Senate and the CPS assessment coordinator. Jill provides service to the community as a member of Lehigh Valley Health Network Voices of the Community advisory board. Jill is also a lifetime member of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
Charleen Johnson, A.A.S., Administrative Staff
Sam Ortbal, Graduate Assistant
- B.S., Rehabilitation & Human Services, Penn State University Park
Psychological services are provided by licensed masters and doctoral-level professionals who are also faculty members at the university. In addition, at times, the center serves as a training site for masters and doctoral-level trainees, who provide counseling services under the supervision of the faculty.