Sports Medicine Facility Access
The Sports Medicine personnel will be available for evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation of athletic related injuries and wellness discussions by ‘appointment only’. Student-Athletes (SA) are asked to use their PNC Open Communicator patient portal (Click Here) to schedule an appointment.
Virtual appointments are the preferred method of visitation to decrease the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
There will be NO general open hours. All services will be by ‘appointment only’. There will be NO Pre- or Post-Practice (CARA activity) access to the Sports Medicine facilities.
Sports Medicine Facility Entrance Procedures
- All individuals will ring the doorbell and be greeted by a member of the SM staff
- All individuals will complete a COVID-19 screening prior to entering past the screening station
- SM staff may ask the screening questions or
- SM staff may have the individual complete the form
- If this option is selected, the SM staff must wash their hands immediately following the encounter unless wearing gloves.
- All individuals will have their temperature checked (<100.0F) by a SM staff member prior to moving beyond the screening station
- All individuals will remove their shoes following approval to enter the SM facility
- All individuals will wash their hand at the First Aid area sink following approval to enter the SM facility
- All individuals will wear a mask and continue to wear a mask while in any SM facility
** Any screening questions answered YES, must be referred to an AT immediately. The individual will be asked to return to the hallway and wait for further instructions.
If at any time you are not feeling well or have come into close contact with another individual who is not feeling well, you should NOT come to the sports medicine facility. Stay in your room and contact Health & Wellness Services (HWS) at (610) 683-4082, or Public Safety at (610) 683-4002, for further instructions. If you are experiencing trouble breathing or other life-threatening symptoms call PS (610) 683-4001 or 911 for assistance.
SA are asked to follow the instructions of the SM staff for appropriate traffic flow in the facility. SA’s will enter thru the hallway doors exit the rear outside door. While in the SM facility SA should practice social distancing.