CE Regional Science Olympiad - IT WAS GREAT!
History: Established in 1985, PA Science Olympiad has been in existence since 1985. Originally started by Dick and Mimi Smith and involving just 30 teams competing in one location, it has grown to include more than 300 teams competing in six regional locations across the state.
Mission Statement: The mission of the Science Olympiad program is a national non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of K-12 science education, increasing male, female, and minority interest in science, creating a technologically literate workforce, and providing recognition for outstanding achievement by both students and teachers. These goals are achieved by participating in Science Olympiad tournaments and non-competitive events, incorporating Science Olympiad into the classroom curriculum, and attending teacher training institutes.
The annual Central East Regional Science Olympiad hosted by Kutztown University attracts large crowds every year. This year for the 14th Anniversary, 19 high schools from Berks, Bucks, Lehigh, Northumberland, Northampton, and Schuylkill Counties will bring teams (450+ students) to compete in over 23 events. Students practice and study hard throughout the year with coaches, teachers, parents, and community members in preparation for their events.
The following websites will provide valuable information concerning events, rules, and organization information.
-The Pennsylvania State Science Olympiad
-The National Science Olympiad
Watch the Awards Ceremony -Click Here
Contact & Volunteer Information
Directors of Central East Pennsylvania Science Olympiad:
Eric Laub - firstname.lastname@example.org
Joann Monko - email@example.com
Soni Diaz- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Michael Davis - email@example.com
SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION - $1000 Available!!!
Dear coaches and students,
Kutztown University is excited to offer $1,000 STEM scholarships to qualifying high school seniors who participate in the Central Eastern Science Olympiad! These KU STEM Scholarships apply $1000 towards base tuition each year at KU. Any high school senior who participates in the Science Olympiad at KU on March 16, 2023, is invited to apply for one of these STEM scholarships. To be eligible, a high school senior must satisfy the following requirements:
- Complete in the Science Olympiad at KU on March 16, 2023
- Apply for admission in Fall 2023 (KU or common application is acceptable)
- Code to waive the $35 application fee: GOLDEN
- Must submit full application (transcript, optional test scores and essay) by two weeks after the Science Olympiad (March 30, 2023)
- Recommended (but not required) to include essay about why you want to study STEM and attend KU
- Accept admission to Kutztown University
- Enroll in a STEM major
- In addition to fulfilling the above requirements, seniors (as well as any interested juniors, sophomores, or freshmen) must fill out the following online form for the STEM scholarship:
The KU STEM Scholarship does not cover other costs such as student activity fees, room and board, books, or additional tuition expenditures for pursuing more than 18 credits in any semester. This scholarship is renewable for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters of fulltime undergraduate study. Renewal is based upon meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed at least twenty-four (24) credits in the previous academic year.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Remain in an approved STEM program of study.
- Successful completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year by April 15th.
We hope that you will take full advantage of this wonderful opportunity. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Jory Wamsley in the Office of Admissions at Kutztown University:
Assistant Director/Admissions Marketing and Communications
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
Kemp Building |P.O. Box 730 | Kutztown, PA 19530
Phone: 610-683-4054 | Fax: 610-683-1375 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule & Supervisor/Judge Info
- Letters & Emails
- Forms & Documents
Congratulations High School Teams!!!
TOP 5 Teams will compete in the State Competition 4/22
1. Northwestern Lehigh High School
2. Parkland High School
3. Emmaus High School
4. Boyertown Area Senior High School
5. Exeter Township Senior High School
Venues & Directions
Directions to KU
Click on the following buildings to see where your event is being held.
McFarland Student Union Building (MSU)
3 Men & A Bagel
AutoZone Auto Parts
Donut Lover's Boom
Jersey Mike's Subs
KU Student Involvement
Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs
Oriental Trading Company
Paisley & Company
Reading Fightin Phils
Redner’s Markets, Inc.
Rotary Club Kutztown
The Philadelphia Flyers
Young Ones Records
Hawk Mountain Sanctuary Association
Shady Maple Farm Market
Reading Public Museum