Each year, the Federal Government purchases more than $500 billion worth of products and services provided by businesses. Kutztown University hosts the Southeast Pennsylvania APEX Accelerator (SEPA APEX), a program which helps hundreds of those businesses annually acquire federal, state, and local government prime contracts and subcontracts. The SEPA APEX Accelerator program helps registered businesses develop the skills to market their products and services to federal, state, and local governments, free of charge. This APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the United States Department of Defense (DoD).
The SEPA APEX Accelerator helps both small and large businesses who operate within:
- Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, and Philadelphia counties.
In order to work with the SEPA APEX Accelerator, your business must be:
- Registered to do business within the state of Pennsylvania, and
- Be a commercially established, for-profit business, operating within one of the SEPA APEX covered counties.
Identifying Government Contracts
If you are qualified, we will help you identify government procurement opportunities by:
- Using a computerized bid/match program
- Matching your products and services with ideal opportunities
- Selecting government agencies for submission of bidder mailing list applications
- Refining your government marketing plan
- Providing procurement-related web sites
Acquiring Government Contracts
Once you determine what government solicitation you want to bid on, we help you:
- Prepare your proposals
- Highlight critical areas of solicitation
- Provide a proposal outline from the solicitation
- Develop government marketing and subcontracting strategies
- Review your submission
- Help you respond to pre- and post-award surveys
- Work effectively with government agencies and prime contractors
- Obtain and understand Federal, State and Local Procurement Acquisition Regulations
Related Training & Seminars
- Understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Basics in Government Marketing
- How to Do Business with the Commonwealth of PA
- Federal Government Cost Accounting
- Proposal Preparation and Bid Submission
- Federal Certifications
For additional information about how our APEX ACCELERATOR programs can help your company procure a government contract, please contact us at:
The SEPA APEX Accelerator is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Department of Defense. The Southeast Pennsylvania APEX Accelerator at Kutztown University operates under a sub award agreement with SEDA-Council of Governments, Lewisburg, PA.
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community & Economic Development; and in part through support from Kutztown University. All services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling (484)646-5937. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the views of the US Department of Defense. SEPA APEX Accelerator services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SEPA APEX Accelerator you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SEPA APEX Accelerator services if you become federally debarred or suspended in the future.