Other Admissions Options

Kutztown University offers many alternative enrollment options for students who wish to continue or start their education.

The following students should contact the Registrar's Office at 610-683-4485 for assistance with enrolling at KU:

Re-admission: Students who previously attended KU less than 7 years ago and did not take classes at another college or university during their time away from KU.

PASSHE Visiting Students: Students currently enrolled in one of the other 13 Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education institutions who wish to take coursework at KU.

Berks County Consortium: Students currently enrolled in one of the Berks County colleges or universities who plan to take a course at KU through cross-registration. Visit the Registrar's Office at your school for details.

Non-degree/non-credit: Students interested in taking coursework without seeking a degree, enrolled at another college or university and want to take coursework at KU, or interested in a non-credit program.

KU / High School concurrent enrollment:

  • Individual Classes (High school students who want to take KU classes while in high school)

    • High school students who want to take KU classes concurrently with their high school classes should contact the Registrar's Office at 610-683-4485.

  • Early Start (Students who want to attend KU in place of part of or the entire senior year)

    • In addition to the required freshman application materials, students will need to have parental approval, guidance counselor, principal, and superintendent recommendation and approval, and a list of courses that will qualify the student for high school graduation.  Please apply (PDF) and provide all supporting documents to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. If you have questions about the process please contact the Office of Admissions at 610-683-4060.

Students who were denied admission and have special circumstances can submit a letter to have their admissions decision reconsidered. The letter should be emailed to admissions@kutztown.edu. The letter can include among other things an explanation of the circumstances and how the circumstances have changed. The letter will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Admissions Exceptions Committee and a notification of the outcome will be sent to the student.