Call for Applications for Provost's Assessment Fellow
The Office of the Provost and Vice-President for Academic Affairs seeks to hire one Assessment Fellow for a three-semester term beginning in January 2024. Candidates for the position must be an effective teacher with a proven record of sound assessment practices and advocacy in the advancement of continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
The Assessment Fellow reports to the Associate Vice President for Accreditation, Assessment and Curriculum. The fellowship carries 6 credits of release time per semester.
Although each Fellow will have some discretion in formulating the position in conjunction with the Associate Vice President, the essential responsibilities include:
- Coordinate assessment of program student learning outcomes
- Co-chair the Academic Assessment Council
- Work with college assessment committees, department chairs, and faculty to support the integration of assessment with curriculum design and instruction
- Co-author annual academic assessment report
- Serve as Nuventive/Improve co-administrator
- Assist with reports to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Support General Education assessment efforts and serve on the General Education Assessment Committee
- Contribute to the design and implementation of workshops and other professional development opportunities, such as Autumn and January Assessment Day
- Provide content for Office of Assessment website
- Administer Assessment Grants program
- Hold 6 open consultation hours per week in the Office of Assessment (200 Grad Center)
- Supervise graduate assistants
Fellowship Term: Three semesters, beginning in January 2024. Renewable for a second term of two years contingent on the Provost’s approval.
Eligibility: Any full-time faculty member with at least three-years of experience at Kutztown University.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Sound knowledge of best practices in assessment and evidence of the use of assessment in the service of continuous improvement
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Innovative vision for the fellowship
To apply, please submit a letter of application and a current C.V. to Dr. Karen Rauch, Associate Vice President for Accreditation, Assessment and Curriculum (email@example.com) by Monday, October 2, 2023. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.