The Washington Center for Internships
Kutztown University is proud to announce a partnership with The Washington Center for the benefit of KU students participating in their nationally-recognized internship program in Washington, D.C.
To better support students and increase the number of students participating, the university now allocates a portion of the student’s tuition dollars toward the program. University students are able to participate in The Washington Center 1) at a reduced cost to them and 2) through a streamlined, one-payment process. In the past, participating students were required to pay separately, sending payments to both The Washington Center for their program and housing fees, and to Kutztown University, for its tuition and fees, which was both cumbersome and costly for KU students.
“Tell me more about TWC!” (www.twc.edu)
- The Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars is an independent, nonprofit organization serving hundreds of colleges and universities by providing selected students, from all majors, challenging opportunities to work and learn in Washington, D.C.
- For over 45 years, TWC has helped more than 60,000 students from around the world gain valuable experience
- TWC is the largest program of its kind with 80 full-time staff and more than 50,000 alumni, many of whom are in leadership positions in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- TWC offers semester- or summer-long integrated academic and work experiences in government, corporate and nonprofit organizations. Each 12-week internship is tailored to provide meaningful experiences to enhance students’ resumes and help launch their careers. Internships are in the following professional tracks:
- Advocacy, Service & Arts
- Business and Global Trade
- International Affairs
- Law & Criminal Justice
- Media & Communications
- Politics & Public Policy
- Science, Technology & Society (summer only)
- Intern Monday through Thursday, then attend special professional development programming on Fridays.
- Take an evening academic course, selecting from over 30 unique courses taught by university professors.
- Are guaranteed housing in TWC facilities (similar to a university: two bedroom, two bathroom furnished apartments with utilities, basic cable, and wireless internet).
- Are provided an orientation day and numerous social and professional activities.
Questions? Please contact:
- The Washington Center at firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: FAQ section on website - twc.edu)
- Kerri Gardi, Director, KU Career Development Center and TWC campus liaison (email@example.com)
- Wendy Pursell, Director, KU Student Accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org)