B.A. Political Science
A 6, 9, or 12 credit internship is optional for the B.A. in Political Science or B.A. in Political Science w/ Paralegal Studies major. Internship credits can be used as POL electives or open electives on the check sheet. However, students should consult with their academic advisor to ensure they have enough open slots on their check sheet to internship credit.
Student work with the program's internship coordinator, Dr. Glenn Richardson (email@example.com), for internship placement. Placements include federal, state, and local government agencies, political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations.
Internships can be paid or unpaid. Locations vary according to student interest and ability/willingness to travel.
Recent placements include:
- The White House (Washington, DC)
- Valley Forge Casino Resorts (King of Prussia, PA)
- Defense Logistics Agency (Philadelphia, PA)
- Kutztown Community Partnership (Kutztown, PA)
- Hour requirement (verified by site supervisor)
- 6 credits: 200 hours
- 9 credits: 300 hours
- 12 credits: 400 hours
- A fifteen (15) page paper detailing the duties performed and how they relate to the student's coursework.
- Positive midterm and end of the semester feedback from the site supervisor.
Registering for Internship Credit
B.A. political science majors should contact Dr. Glenn Richardson to register for internship credits.
Dr. Glenn Richardson
304 Old Main "A" Wing
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
Kutztown, PA 19530