Current Student Information
The following links contain important information and forms for current students. It is the responsibility of each student to understand this information. Any questions or concerns should be brought to your advisor.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) is an organization of American music educators dedicated to advancing and preserving music education as part of the core curriculum of schools in the United States. This Collegiate chapter will allow members to develop a professional identity as a Music Education student as well as have opportunities to interact with and learn from active music educators and administrators. Through these interactions, students will begin to network and create opportunities that may help them gain job interviews and land a job after graduation. This chapter will have meetings at least twice a month, where students will participate in discussions, performances, and demonstrations. This organization will assist the Kutztown University Music department in various activities and projects throughout the year. The executive board creates a supportive and caring environment for aspiring music educators.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the largest and oldest men's social fraternity in music, promotes brotherhood, service, and American music. Membership is open to any student with a love of music, regardless of major.
- Sigma Alpha Iota
Internships are a key ingredient to success, allowing students to apply classroom knowledge to real-world applications. It defines career interests and allows students to get their foot in the door for a first full-time, permanent employment.
Students interested in pursuing an internship must first read the internship handbook and follow the instructions contained within.
In addition to internships, music students may work as assistants in the music office, tutoring center, KUPresents, Schaeffer Auditorium, piano technician assistant, recording engineer, or assistants to ensemble conductors. Visit the music office for more information. Upon completion of the internship, students must fill out the Student Internship Recommendation Form*.
*This form helps the Music Department collect information on internship partnerships for future internship opportunities and participation.
Finding a Music Internship
Kutztown University’s Career Development Center has a number of resources to assist students with their future career goals. Handshake is the primary online resource for preparing and connecting KU students with employers. Please visit: www.kutztown.edu/handshake to learn more.
- Internships - Search the World's largest internships marketplace.
- Internmatch - Find intern jobs and paid internships
- Grammy - Representing all facets of the recording industry.
- Sony - Work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the most talented professionals in the industry.
- Offstage Jobs - Search for behind-the-scenes internships in the live entertainment industry.
- Entertainment Careers - Search and apply for internship and job openings in the entertainment industry.
- Hypebot - Search and apply for national music industry openings.
- Educational Housing Services - Student Housing for New York City internships.
- Dream Careers - An all-inclusive paid service that guarantees internships in desired locations.