Online Photo Submission for New and Incoming Students
Welcome to Kutztown University! As an incoming Golden Bear, you will need to obtain your official KU ID card. This ID card will provide you contactless meal purchases and residence hall access as well as many other valuable amenities across campus!
Photo uploading is currently only available to new/incoming students who will receive an email to their KU email account once they have completed their orientation.
- Must be a recent photo of yourself (taken within one year)
- Must be a color photo taken against a solid white, off-white, or lightly colored background
- Must be taken from the top of the shoulders to the top of head with a very small amount of white space above your head
- Must be taken straight-on with your eyes looking directly at the camera (no angled or profile pictures)
- No hats, sunglasses, animals, props, additional persons, jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face, photo filters, red-eye or camera flash reflections
Acceptable Photo Sample:
- face is completely visible and unobstructed by hair, jewelry or garments
- photo is taken straight-on with eyes looking directly at the camera
- appropriate and sufficient lighting with no shadows; plain white or lightly colored background
- subject is centered with a neutral or smiling expression
- good cropping; between shoulders up and past the forehead
Unacceptable Photo Submission sample:
- photo is not naturally colored
- improper cropping
- background is not completely white or lightly colored
- garment or hair style obstructing face
- photo is not taken straight-on
- hats, sunglasses, etc. are not permitted in photo
ID Card Pick-up/Distribution
Please allow two business days from successful photo upload to pick up your card.
Our hours of business are Monday through Friday 8 am-4 pm during the summer and during the academic year 8 am-4:30 pm.
Please make sure when you pick up your student ID card that you have a valid government-issued photo identification such as a driver’s license, passport, military ID card or high school photo ID card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to use the KU ID Card photo submission application?
All new, incoming students are eligible to upload a new photo for their ID card. Once you have attended your new student or Transfer student Orientation, you will receive an email from email@example.com which will have your invitation to upload a photo.
You will then be given specific instructions on when and where to pick up your ID card.
Where and when can I pick up my KU ID card?
Our office is located in room 107 of the Academic Forum. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 am-4:30 pm during the academic year and 8 am-4 pm during the summer months.
Can anyone else pick up my KU ID card for me?
No. Only you can pick up your ID card. You must bring a valid government-issued photo identification such as a driver's license, passport, military ID card or former high school photo Id card.
Is there a cost to have my KU ID card reprinted?
Yes, the cost to reprint a lost, stolen or damaged ID card is $15.00