- The contract negotiation and approval process can take up to 2 weeks. Please plan your event accordingly.
- Student organizations/advisors are not permitted to sign a contract. The KUSSI Executive Director signs contracts on behalf of student organizations.
- Student organizations that need to enter into contracts are encouraged to utilize a KUSSI Standard contract. The contract is available at the KUSSI Service Center, MSU 171. A PDF version of the KUSSI Standard contract is available upon request.
- If the vendor has provided the student group with their personal contract, there is the possibility of errors that can potentially hold-up the contract approval process.
Step-by-Step Contract Process
- Student organizations that need to enter into contracts with vendors are required to bring all pending contracts, along with completed check request forms, to the Office for Student Involvement, MSU 153 for approval at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Once the event contract is approved by the Student Involvement Office, the contract is reviewed for errors by KUSSI staff.
- If errors are found, corrections are noted by KUSSI staff, and returned to the Student Involvement Office. The student organization will be contacted by the Student Involvement Office.
- If there are no errors found, the contract is forwarded to the KUSSI Executive Director to obtain a signature.
- Once the contract is signed, payment will be processed based on the event date.
- Students & advisors are not permitted to sign contracts. The KUSSI Executive Director signs contracts on behalf of students to ensure individuals are not legally bound to a contract.
- If less than 2 weeks, completion of contract approval process is not guaranteed prior to event.