Leadership & Employment
New Student Orientation values the leadership development of all students.
In our work as specialists in transition, we know that students who are involved on campus are more likely to be successful academically and continue on to graduation. In an effort to model and provide these opportunities, NSO offers paid and volunteer positions for students as early as their first year to find community on our campus.
Whether you are looking to volunteer or get hands-on experience in your field, there is an opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills while helping students transition and be successful at Kutztown University.
Paid Positions- 2022
New Student Orientation Staff 2022 - Application Now Closed
- Undergraduate student
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher at KU
- Maintain required GPA and be in good judicial standing at all times
- Be a full-time undergraduate student
- Be registered as a full-time student for the following fall semester after completion of summer orientation
- Cannot hold interfering jobs, internships or take classes which run at the same times as orientation
- Must participate in every orientation session, training, and related events
Contact Dr. Lisa Grabowski, Diector, New Student Orientation
Volunteer Positions - None at this time
Welcome Week 2022 Volunteers
Welcome Week Volunteers are current students who assist incoming students and families on move-in day with unloading cars, directing families to parking and providing a warm and welcoming environment to KU! This event can count as service hours for your club or organization. Registration to become a volunteer will be available in Summer 2022.