Transfer Orientation Program
Welcome to the Golden Bear Family!
We’re excited you have decided to continue your education here at KU. As a transfer student, you bring valuable college and life experiences to our community. Whether you are transferring from a community college or a four-year institution, we know you’re not new to college, but are new to KU. Your transition to KU begins with attending your new student orientation!
All transfer students are required to register and complete new student orientation in order to register for classes. Your family is welcome to attend with you!
- Select your date and complete the registration form.
- Check your KU student email for your confirmation. If you do not receive this, contact us immediately.
- If you can't attend in-person, select the online orientation option. This will advance you through the advisement and course selection process. *Please note: international transfer students and those taking a 100% online bachelor degree program in Communication Studies or Sociology must select the online orientation.
Attend orientation as soon as you can. We offer an in-person or a 100% online orientation program. Select the best option for you.
Advisement appointments may be online or in-person and can occur before, on the day of, or immediately following your orientation. Check your KU student email for information from your academic department. Contact your department directly for assistance.
FALL 2023 ORIENTATION
- Thursday, April 20 In-Person Online
- Thursday, May 25 In-Person Online
- Thursday, June 29 In-Person Online
- Thursday, July 27 In-Person Online
Academic Advisement Information:
Your academic major department will contact you either by phone or KU student email to arrange your advisement meeting. Some majors may contact students before orientation or immediately following to schedule a Zoom or in-person meeting. Please check your KU email daily for updates.