B.S. Public Administration
A 12 credit internship is required for the B.S. in Public Administration or B.S. in Public w/ Paralegal Studies major.
Student work with the program's internship coordinator, Dr. Paula Holoviak (firstname.lastname@example.org), for internship placement. Placements include federal, state, and local government agencies, political campaigns, non-profit organizations, and for-profit organizations.
Internships can be paid or unpaid. Locations vary according to student interest and ability/willingness to travel.
Recent placements include:
- Daniel Boone Homestead (Birdsboro, PA)
- Berks County Redevelopment Authority (Reading, PA)
- Small Business Development Center (Kutztown, PA)
- YouthBuild Philly Charter School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 400 hours at the internship site (verified by site supervisor)
- A fifteen (15) page paper detailing the duties performed and how they relate to the student's coursework.
- Positive midterm and end of the semester feedback from the site supervisor.
Registering for Internship Credit
B.S. Public Administration majors should contact Dr. Paula Holoviak to register for internship credits.
Dr. Paula Holoviak
302 Old Main "A" Wing
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
Kutztown, PA 19530