Undergraduate Opportunities

The Residence Life Office, Housing, and Dining Services Office offers a variety of positions for undergraduate student staff members. While most of these positions are in-hall staff members, there are other positions that support the department in different ways.

Department Support Positions

In Hall Staff Positions

  • Mail Clerks

    Mail Clerks are hired for Dixon Hall and Golden Bear Village South apartments as the mailrooms and package pick-up are not incorporated into the desk functions. These individuals work up to 12 hours a week, sorting mail, and working with package distribution.

  • Desk Receptionists

    Desk Receptionists work at the 24-hour front desk of the residence hall they are hired for.

  • Community Assistants

    Community Assistants work to build a community among the residents in their designated area of the building they are hired for. Community Assistants live in this designated area.

  • Assistant Resident Directors

    The Assistant Resident Director is an experienced Community Assistant or Desk Receptionist who works with the Resident Director in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training and evaluating the student staff and overseeing the functional areas of assessment, scheduling, timecards, and hall desk operations.

    *Only current/returning student staff members are eligible to apply for this position.

  • Break Staff

    The Residence Life Break Staff will share responsibility for nightly duty coverage and provide administrative assistance in the Residence Life & Housing and Dining Services Offices as needed.

    *Only current student staff members are eligible to apply for this position.

Student Employee Work Authorization Process

The Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services Office works with Kutztown University's office of Human Resources for all levels of employment. Students who are selected to be hired as employees of the office and/or within the residence halls must complete employment, tax forms and background clearance applications with the Human Resources office located at 15187 Kutztown Road. Once this paperwork is complete, the student will receive a Work Authorization Number. The student must bring the Work Authorization number over to the Housing, Residence Life and Dining Services (106 Old Main) and complete the Protection of Minors training so that their employment application may be considered complete. 

      For most positions, click on the above role you are interested in applying for to view the job description and find the application link. For openings and applications in the following positions, contact the Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services Office at housing@kutztown.edu:

      • Administrative Assistant
      • Mail Clerk