Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services
Living on campus provides a community environment which offers far more than just having a place to study and sleep. By choosing to live on campus, you will join over 4000 students who make up our diverse vibrant residential community. To get the most out of your four years at Kutztown University, we encourage you to fully immerse in the campus community!
Challenge yourself to meet new people, engage in the numerous opportunities for educational and personal growth, and get involved in the programs, workshops, and FUN at KU.
The Office of Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services manages all aspects of the university's on-campus housing, on-campus living, and on-campus dining.
Residence Life oversees the experience of living on campus offering live-in learning opportunities which empowers our students in their personal and scholastic growth, while providing a welcoming and inclusive environment that is safe for all community members.
Housing oversees all room assignments and manages the facilities operations of all university student residences. These responsibilities include all long-range planning, renovations and major projects, managing housekeeping and maintenance efforts, and ensuring that all residence options are safe, secure, comfortable, and well-maintained.
Dining Services oversees meal plans and works with the dining services vendor Aramark. Find more information about Dining Services, meal plans, and facility hours on the Dining Services webpage.
The Residence Life, Housing, and Dining Services programs are rooted in the concepts of academic enrichment, community engagement, accountability and integrity, and recognize and celebrate inclusion and empowerment of all members.
Mission, Vision and Values
Housing and Dining Services and the Residence Life Office provides engaging and inclusive residential and dining communities.
- Academic Enrichment
- Community Engagement
To be the premier choice, that inspires university pride, personal growth and future success.
The Live-On Experience
Why live on campus?
Research over the past 40 years indicates that college students who live on campus are more likely to:
- Achieve greater academic success
- Persist to graduation at a higher rate
- Be more satisfied with their overall college experience
- Have stronger connections to peers
- Be more involved in campus activities and educational programs
- Take full advantage of campus resources
- Take more credits per semester
What does KU's Residence Life Office and Housing & Dining Services offer?
- KU continues to maintain its residence hall rates. Living on campus at KU means quality surroundings and great opportunities to get involved and make friends - all at a reasonable price.
- By living on campus, you'll avoid extra utility bills, rent security deposits, expensive trips to the grocery store, and chasing down roommates for their part of the rent.
- Simple, all-inclusive payments once a semester
- INCLUDES: Digital Cable and Live Streaming, ResNet high-speed wired and wireless internet, utilities, room furnishings, etc.
- Residence Hall bathrooms and all housing common areas are cleaned every weekday by professional custodial staff
- Fully-equipped computer labs
- Dining centers in close proximity all over campus
- All halls have lobbies and lounges perfect for social gatherings and studying, which may also include gaming tables, vending machines, and exercise equipment-
- Short walk to all buildings on campus-
- Washers and dryers are conveniently located in each hall
- Housing facilities are locked 24/7
- 24/7 front desk operations
- Public Safety and Police Services are just a call away
- Housing and Residence Life staff members are always nearby. There is a Community Assistant and Resident Director on call each night.
- Free residence hall programs that help residents learn how to ensure their own personal safety
- Outgoing mail drop-off on campus
- Flower and package drop-off and notification
- Assistance is available from our residence hall front desks in the event you're unable to access the building or your room
- Check-out items such as board games, basic tools, and kitchen and sports equipment.
- Change machines can provide quarters for washer and dryer usage
- Bear Bucks can be used in most vending machines and laundry facilities.
- ATMs available on-campus
Kutztown University's New Student Orientation Programs: Visit the New Student Orientation page for more information.
Residence Life Leadership Series: Visit the Habitudes page, where you will find more information on this leadership opportunity being offered during the Spring Semester.
Residence Hall Living: Visit the Facilities & Amenities page, where you will find information about your residence hall room, the facilities, amenities, and about residence hall living.
Living Learning Communities & Special Interest Groups: Visit the "Special Interest Communities" page, where you will find more information about Kutztown's specialty housing options.
Employment Opportunities: The Residence Life Office is accepting applications for Fall 2020-Spring 2021.
Student Maintenance Requests: Do you need to submit a work-order for something to be repaired or replaced in your room? Please enter a work order.
- Work Orders for Traditional Halls, Dixon, and University Place
- Work Orders for Golden Bear Village South, Golden Bear Village West, and Honors