This page deals with refunds from overpayments (financial aid and otherwise). If you are seeking information on withdrawing from KU, consult our withdrawal section.


We are sharing new student ID numbers with BankMobile for our existing students and will be sending our NEW incoming students to BankMobile by early August.  NEW students will not be able to set up a refund preference until this is all settled.  Please check back for updates.  Students will be emailed when the site is ready in addition to getting the "green" envelope.

bankmobile disbursements

Our school delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. - you may receive emails or communications from them as a valid partner of KU.  They will process all refunds, not just financial aid refunds for KU.

Some items to note:

  1. Refund choices are selected and updated at  This is where students choose how they want to receive their refunds. Students can also change their refund choice at any time!
  2. Parent Refunds - Overpayments that are a direct result of a disbursed Parent Loan, are refunded to the parent via a paper check mailed from BankMobile Disbursements OR refunded to the student using their refund choice. This decision is made by the parent when they completed their Parent loan application. Please know, we cannot preselect or choose what aid comes in first or what aid results in a refund. Having a Parent Loan does not mean a refund would definitely go to a parent. If a parent wants to allow the a refund to go to the student after they said they wanted the refund on the loan application, they can make this change, BEFORE the loan disburses, by completing a Parent Refund Release Form. This can be completed online, but needs to be printed to sign.  Please scan and email the completed request, or fax it to 610-683-4674.

Overpayment refunds are not released until after Financial Aid has begun to release financial aid and only after the Drop/Add period and Attendance has been processed for the semester or session. This will only occur once the account is actually overpaid with disbursed funds (your scheduled disbursement date is listed in your Financial Aid Award summary), not pending aid or payments. Please plan accordingly for expenses, such as books, at the beginning of the term or session.

 To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.