How to Request Residency Re-classification

If you believe you are able to demonstrate that you are a resident of Pennsylvania, you will need to complete the Residency Classification Data Collection form and return it to our office. Included within the form is a list of documentation that the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education requires to assist in the determination of residency. If you have additional information that you would like us to review please include it with the other documents. 

The form must be notarized before it can be accepted. Kutztown University does offer the services of a Notary Public at no cost to our students here on campus, but you are under no obligation to use this service. Please call to set an appointment to meet with our Notary Public if you choose to visit for notarization of your documents.

In the event you are unable to supply a copy of a document, we are very happy to make a copy for our files during our business hours so that you may retain the original. Students must bring the original document to the office and wait to receive it back. No original official document will be accepted as part of a file. 

The packet of information can be returned to us via U.S. Mail to:

Kutztown University

Office of Business and Financial Services

P.O. Box 730

Kutztown, PA 19530

or it can be dropped off to our office in room 225 of the Stratton Administration Building, or sent via email to For any additional information, please call Ms. Sarah Stone at 610-683-4729

Students are notified by mail to the permanent address on record of any decision, and decisions cannot go prior to the semester in which the request was received; in other words, they cannot be backdated before the current semester. However,  a student is always welcome to try again if they are not determined to be a resident in the current semester.