Veteran Admissions

1.  Apply to KU and learn about the Military and Veterans Services Office.

2.  Apply for the G.I. Bill® - Determine your educational benefits.
Contact the VA, your command, or Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out if you qualify for MGIB, TA or EAP tuition assistance.  Apply for eligible benefits.  You will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Department of VA after several weeks if your paperwork is complete and accurate. You should apply for admission prior to receiving your COE.  

"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

3.  Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) - It is recommended that you complete the FAFSA every year.  This can be done online or by paper.  In Pennsylvania, veterans may be eligible for state grants.  The Office of Financial Aid can assist you with the process.

            Also, research all scholarship and tuition benefit options - Research scholarship and tuition options available to military personnel, and view KU and non-KU scholarship opportunities.

4.  Submit your official military/Joint Service Transcript (JST) transcripts to the Office of the Registrar to have your military training/experience evaluated for possible academic credit.
            CCAF Transcripts - For Air Force

            JST Transcripts - For All other branches of the U.S. Armed Forces

5.  Accepted students must confirm their attendance by paying a non-refundable advanced registration deposit (ARD).  This deposit is usually not paid for by military education benefits or tuition assistance and is an out-of-pocket expense.  Students eligible for VA Chapter 31 benefits can request payment/reimbursement of their ARD through their Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.

6.  Register for and attend New Student Orientation to receive advisement and schedule classes.

7. Following orientation, all student-veterans (and dependents using military education benefits) must visit KU's Veterans Certifying Official (located in the Registrar's Office). Bring the following documents:

            Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
            Notice of Basic Eligibility form (NOBE, for National Guard or Reserve)
            Military Discharge Document/DD 214 - member 4 copy
            Any other supporting document(s)/information that may be needed to apply for VA and/or military education benefits.

Additional Enrollment Resources
A.C.E. Military Guide Online - A.C.E. will help you determine what college credit you may already have earned through your military training.

Kutztown University Disability Services - The Disability Services Office is committed to providing accommodations to individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access to programs, services, and facilities.

Career Development Center - The staff in the Career Development Center can assist you with your career plans: choosing a major, researching career fields and job market trends, and internship/employment assistance.