Disability Services (DSO)
WELCOME to the Disability Services Office (DSO).
The DSO, located in 215 Stratton Administration Center, assists the university in providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are members of the university community (students and employees) and who utilize the university facilities (guests and visitors).
Announcements and Special Events
- Need help implementing your accommodations? Join us for a short Zoom session and implement your accommodations with the assistance of the DSO staff. Check your KU email for dates and zoom link.
- Prospective students and families are invited to participate in a Disability Services Info Session. Participants will learn about services and facilities, the process for requesting accommodations, as well as tips for preparing for a successful transition to college. Sessions are scheduled on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 5:00 pm via Zoom. Contact the DSO at email@example.com to register and obtain the Zoom link and password.
- During the pandemic, the Disability Services Office has continued to support students in a manner that upholds the University’s commitment to achieving equal opportunity and participation for individuals with disabilities. The DSO recognizes that the impact of Covid-19 is unique to each student and continues to provide support and guidance to help students with disabilities identify and develop strategies to manage and/or mitigate their own individual challenges and needs related to Covid-19. Students with disabilities who have concerns about the Spring 2021 semester should contact the DSO at DSO@kutztown.edu or 610-683-4108 for assistance.
- Campus map which highlights accessible entrances & walkways
- Criteria for Documenting Disabilities
- DSO Forms (including forms for requesting accommodations)
- Emergency/Evacuation Procedure for Persons with Disabilities
- Faculty Link for Submitting Tests to DSO Testing Center
- My Place Progam-Enhanced support services for students on the autism spectrum