Internal Events Planning Guide
Below you can find a guide for Faculty and Staff with basic information on how to coordinate facilities and services on campus for internal events. Large and complex events may require additional steps and/or approvals.
Event planning should begin at least four months prior to the date of the event. Planning for large events, conferences, or multi-space events should begin at least six months prior to the date of the event. The earlier you begin the planning process, the more successful your event will be. When planning events, please consider that some of your guests may be visiting the campus for the first time.
Date of Event
- Check the University Central Calendar to see if any other events are being held on campus.
- Check the University Central Calendar when inviting students to make sure the event date is not over break.
- Check religious holiday schedules.
Check if there is construction scheduled or other campus activities that will hinder the success of your event.
Reserve your spaces in the EMS Room Reservation system
- Can your event be reserved through the Pre-Registration Process?
- Remember to leave time for set-up and tear down.
- Is there something in the space the day before your event? Will this affect your ability to set-up and be ready for your event?
- Remember to reserve a location for catering if necessary.
- Check to make sure your reservation has been confirmed in Room Scheduler.
- If something changes and you do not need the space, please remember to cancel the reservation by contacting the Office of Conference and Event Services.
Other Room requests
The following locations are not currently on the EMS Reservation System
- Residential Facilities Common Areas, conference rooms, study lounges, etc… – Please speak to the Office of Residence Life in order to reserve these spaces.
Set up and Strike
Once your room reservation has been confirmed you will receive a confirmation through email with information if additional steps are needed in order to have the proper tables, chairs, etc… for the event.
AV and Video Services
Coordinating audiovisual (AV) needs can vary between locations on campus which is why it is important when reserving the space in the EMS Room Reservation system, to look at what technology if any comes with space.
Other Essentials to Consider
Outside caterers or food vendors are not allowed on Kutztown University property. Requests can be made for special consideration but are subject to approval by the University. Kutztown University provides on-site catering and dining facilities serviced by Aramark.
Click the link to request your catering needs - Aramark Catering
Please visit the Parking and Transportation website for information regarding special event parking.
If you are planning a summer conference or other program involving on-campus housing during the summer, please contact the Coordinator of Conference Services to obtain information on availability and pricing. Please contact:
Please also visit our Summer Conferences page for additional information.
Depending on the nature and scope of your event, you may need to refer to other departments on campus for additional guidance.
Please Visit the Safety and Emergency Information website for information on what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Marketing and Communications for marketing, design, photography or videography.
- Public Safety for parking and/or security issues.
- Facilities for work orders/set-up needs.
- McFarland Student Union for set-up needs of events in MSU.
- Student Recreation Center staff for set-up needs of events in Rec Center.
- Catering (if needed).
- KU Presents! for ticketing and production help if necessary.
- Music Department for student musicians.
- Student Involvement for student volunteers.
- KU Presidential Ambassadors for student volunteers.
- A&F-002 Collection of Funds
- A&F-012 Procurement of Goods, Services, Supplies, & Construction
- ADV-001 Camps & Conferences
- DIV-001 Accessible Meetings, Events, Programs
- DIV-003 Service Animal Policy/Procedure
- STU-001 Alcohol Policy
- STU-031 On Campus Sales, Fund Raising and Solicitation Policy