Services for Students
Your career starts here!
Career development is a journey and the Career Development Center is here to help you define your career goals (destination) and take the steps necessary to achieve those goals (route).
We can help you:
- Decide/confirm your choice of major/minor
- Explore and research career options
- Gain experience through externships (job shadowing), volunteer work and internships
- Develop workplace etiquette and a personal brand
- Conduct a job search including resume and cover letter writing and interview preparation
- Prepare for graduate school
We encourage you to browse our website and utilize the wide range of services, programs, and resources offered at Kutztown University.
Individual Career Counseling/Coaching
- Chat 1:1 with an unbised Career Coach to uncover your questions and goals.
- Explore different resources and programs to educate and motivate, but not do for.
- Commit to a next step and find out how to make it happen. Build career momentum, one step at a time.
- Schedule your appointment in Handshake: www.kutztown.edu/handshake (click career center then appointments) or call 610-683-4067.
Workshops, Events & Presentations
Every semester, the CDC hosts over 60 workshops, information sessions and special events such as internship and job fairs and employer panels. Click here for Schedule of Events.
Career assessments/inventories may help you to further identify your skills and abilities or clarify your interests and values. Results may help you target majors and career pathways that complement your skills and interests. Click here for more information on Career Tests.
Click here for more information on Majors and Careers.
Resume and Cover Letter Review Service
An up-to-date resume and professional cover letter are important in every job search. Do you need help getting started? Click here to review tips and strategies for creating your resume and cover letter and see examples of format/content that employers expect.
Want to have your cover letter or resume drafts reviewed for feedback? You may either 1) schedule a 1:1 in-person appointment using Handshake (go to Career Center, then Appointments, then 'In-person Resume or Cover Letter Review'), 2) stop by the Career Development Center Mon. - Fri. from 2-4pm in Stratton 113 (first-come, first-served), or, 3) submit your resume for a staff member to review it and provide written feedback through Handshake.
PLEASE BE AWARE: Students are limited to two reviews per calendar year per document. Prepare and proofread carefully prior to submitting your documents for review. Click here to view full Review Policy.
Making a good first impression is essential for a strong and successful interview. Practice interviewing with an online mock interview via Big Interview.
Handshake is KU's internship and job posting system. Any positions received by the career center are posted on this site, including On-Campus employment. Click here to log in (use your KU system ID and password).
Click here for tips and strategies to Build Experience, Find Internships, or Search for Jobs.
Graduate School Prep
Pursuing a graduate or professional degree is an important decision that requires significant planning. The Career Development Center can help. Find more information here.