Thank you for your interest in recruiting Kutztown University students and alumni! We look forward to working with you to cultivate and enhance your recruitment efforts by providing a wide range of opportunities to interact with KU students, alumni, and faculty.
Looking to post internships & full time positions for KU students & alum? Click link below.
Want to Market Your Company via our Social Media?
Reach out to email@example.com to inquire about our current social media packages
Employers can get involved by:
- Registering with Handshake to post your internship and job positions
- Recruiting through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program
- Participating in Internship and Job Fairs each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Hosting a student for a one-to-three day externship (job shadowing experience)
- Volunteering to offer mock interviews to develop students' interviewing skills
- Participating in employer discussion panels to educate students about your organization/field
- Promoting your organization and its opportunities through information sessions
- Engaging in networking events and professional development opportunities
- Communicating with faculty and academic departments
Did you know that the Career Development Center has partnered with many organizations to provide scholarships for students participating (or planning to participate) in unpaid internships? The purpose of these scholarships is to provide recognition and financial assistance to outstanding undergraduate students who, without this funding, might otherwise NOT participate in this type of valuable high impact practice. If you would like to start the conversation about this opportunity to support KU students, please contact us!
KU Recruiting Resources
- KU Recruiting Guidelines and Policies
- Recruit at KU
- KU Degree Information and Statistics (click on Factbook and refer to "Degrees Awarded)
- Recruiting KU International Students
KU Recruiting Services and Opportunities
Post Openings & Search for Candidates
Handshake is the primary online resource for preparing and connecting students and alumni with employers. The following services and resources are available to employers:
- Employer Profiles
- Internship & Job Postings
- Career Fairs & Events Registration
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Resume Books
Access Handshake to request an account or log-in to an existing account.
- Due to the high volume of postings received, the Career Development Center cannot create, maintain, nor edit postings for employers.
- Non-career related to temporary, part-time, full-time, or seasonal opportunities may NOT be posted.
Recruiting Social Media Package ($50)
During the semester, employers can share social media posts (images or short videos) via the Kutztown University Career Development Center platforms (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). Please check with our staff for the most up to date social media packages available.
Post should aim to build brand awareness among students and promote its other recruitment activities. Employers must follow the Career Development Center’s Social Media Guidelines. For example, posts should focus on culture and careers with the organization, with no intent to sell products/services.
On-Campus Interviewing Program
Recruiting takes place in October, November, March, and April. To schedule an On-Campus Interview date to recruit for career-related internships and/or entry-level jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Date preference(s)
- Name, job title, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- Available positions/job titles of the internships and/or jobs for which you are recruiting
- The number of rooms you will need and the number of interviewers
- Duration of interviews (30, 45 or 60 minutes)
Please note: On-Campus Interviewing is coordinated through Handshake. Please allow at least 2 business days for your request to be processed.
Internship & Job Fairs
The KU CDC hosts four annual fairs for organizations to recruit students and alumni. Events include an Internship & Job Fair & a Job Fair for Educators each semester. Registration is through Handshake. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Information Sessions & Tables
Information sessions may be scheduled by organizations once per semester. It is the responsibility of the hosting organization to promote and market the session to students. Information tables may be reserved once per semester for military organizations and special-mission non-profits. Requests should be directed at least one month in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Clubs & Organizations
With approximately 150 student clubs and organizations, there are numerous opportunities for industry-related presentations and events. Visit ENGAGE for the listing of registered student groups.
Resources for Developing an Effective Internship Program
- Starting and Maintaining a Quality Internship Program (Compiled and edited by Michael True, Messiah College)
- Intern Bridge (The nation's premier college recruiting consulting and research firm)
- Internship in a Box (Campus Philly's resource to aid employers in building an internship program)
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act