Transfer Student Engagement
Transfer Engagement facilitates the connection of transfer students to resources at Kutztown University, aiding them in their transition through presentations and individualized meetings. The Coordinator for Student Success & Transfer Engagement collaborates with academic partners to identify and remove obstacles to success for transfer students.
R.O.A.R as a KU Transfer Student
- Send all official final transcripts (college and high school), AP Scores, CLEP exam results, etc. to KU
- Attend all classes (online and in person), submit assignments on time, complete all projects and exams
- Complete documentation to receive Financial Aid and pay your bill on time to avoid holds
- Communicate with professors or Briana when you have questions or need additional support
- Use a planner to track deadlines for assignments and exams
- Dedicate time to your school, work, and personal responsibilities for healthy balance
- Review your graduation timeline and align it with your career goals
Advocate for Yourself and Your Degree
- Speak up when you need support
- Set boundaries to avoid getting overwhlemed
- Remember the goal
- Check your Success Network in Starfish
- Connect with offices, professors, advisors, and support staff
- Participate in Academic Support Programs
- Make use of all of the technology, study spaces, and labs available
Who is the Coordinator for Student Success & Transfer Engagement?
Briana Zdradzinski is a first generation college student who transferred from Reading Area Community College in Spring 2016 to Kutztown University. After completing her first semester at KU, she earned her Associate Degree in Liberal Arts through the PASSHE Reverse Transfer agreement. As she continued her studies at KU, she has highly involved on campus with multiple on campus jobs and e-board positions as a commuter. After graduating with her Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Fall 2018, Briana remained at KU to pursue her Master of Public Administration while being a graduate assistant and intern at various colleges and departments. After completing her Masters degreein December 2020, Briana worked in the Registrar's Office at West Chester University evaluating transfer credits and reviewing transfer articulation agreements. She returned to KU as the Assistant Director of Transfer Admission before joining the Center for Student Success and Academic Excellence.
What can the Coordinator for Student Success & Transfer Engagement do to help?
Briana can help navigate your college experience at KU once committed to transfer.
- Work together to prepare for your transition to KU!
- Confirm all of your transfer benefits- including scholarships and general education waivers!
- Clarify PASSHE transfer policies- including 30 Credit Framework and Reverse Transfer!
- Discuss your transfer credits and KU degree progress!
- Learn how long it could take to earn your KU degree!
- Discover academic opportunities, additional resources, and ways to get involved!
- Review study habits, note taking tips, balancing your life and college responsibilities, and more!
While working in the Student Success Center, Briana advises Tau Sigma, an honor society for transfer students, and oversees various transfer student events!
How can I schedule a meeting with the Coordinator for Student Success & Transfer Engagement?
Briana is available to meet in person and through Zoom by request.