529 / TAP Payments

College Savings Plans

Many families have created college savings plans to help fund their students in college or university experience.  As a State School in Pennsylvania, using your college savings plan couldn't be easier!  For step by step instructions please see your individual plan or provider.  Below we give you an idea of the general process on how to make the payment using these invested funds and how we can help secure a students account while we await the funding.

  1. Submit your bill to the fund using whatever method they encourage. 
    • Our bills are pdf documents located right in the students MyKU account and are easily saved to your computer to upload.
  2. Submit the request for funding in any amount you need that does not exceed the total charges billed.
  3. Request these funds be mailed to the University directly.
  4. Submit a copy of the confirmation page to the Office of Student Accounts
    • Upon receipt, if the funds and any aid showing as pending, are sufficient to cover the student's balance and all other requirements are completed, the OSA will add a notation to the students Positive Holds that says Classes Safe.  The funding can sometimes take up to two weeks to arrive as they only mail paper checks to the university.

To obtain the pdf bill:

MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard > Statements - this will open a listing of all of your statements. The statements are maroon and gold, if you locate a blue document, that is not correct.

The mailing address for the payment request:

Kutztown University
Office of Student Accounts
PO Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530

(for overnight mailing please use 15200 Kutztown Road in lieu of the PO Box)

Still have questions?  Email us!