Viewing Your Bills
Kutztown University sends notifications that a bill/statement is ready to view at least monthly. These bills/statements are produced when there is any activity on the account, payments or charges. Log in and verify all looks current, accurate and to make a payment when needed.
Paper bills (invoices) are not mailed.
- Bills are similar to a credit card statement - including prior balance, current activity and new balance due - we don't charge interest but late fees may apply!
- Charges are assigned a due date and these are reflected in MyKU. The assigned due date supersedes any due date found on an invoice/bill/statement.
Email & Text Notifications When Bills are Ready
Email notifications are sent to student KU email accounts only. However, a student can add text messages as well or easily choose to have the email notifications sent to anyone they want !
MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard > SMS Messaging
Adding a Parent (third-party) To Receive Email & Text Bill Notifications
- Student goes to MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard > Parent PIN
- Clicks Add/New
- Create a Username for the party/parent (while its called a PIN it can consist of letters and numbers)
- Enter the information for the party/parent and submit.
- The party/parent will get an email with the special link to their version of the Payment Dashboard and their log on information.
- This special Payment Dashboard Access is what the party/parent will use after they receive their Username and Password.
Billing Format and Location
Bills are located in the Payment Dashboard and are Maroon and Gold! Below is a sample. Bills are found online only MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard > Your Bills. Bill history (prior to Oct 2019 remains in MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > View Bills however do not use the blue bills for current purposes - they lack information and detail.
Fall & Spring Semester Billing
The following 2 items must be completed by the Due Date to secure enrollment.
- Intent to Attend (only after billing is processed), AND
- Payment - prior session or semester balances will not be covered by current aid
Session Billing - Winter & Summer
Payment is required by the due date assigned to your charges. Due dates can be seen by navigating to MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Charges Due.
Note - you may not have a bill produced for session charges that are due. If one is required or needed, please email us.
Each session will have its own payment information page for more details, due dates and requirements. Session due dates are created based on the registration date.
What is the Intent to Attend?
This small item means a lot to all students and KU. This item is located on the MyKU splash page and is a double-sized tile. Check the No to a YES and click SAVE.
What it means:
- KU knows you plan to attend the semester indicated
- KU can report your enrollment to the State System
- Financial Aid can disburse when cleared
It is used for Fall & Spring semesters only.
Failure to complete this item may result in the loss of your schedule or aid.