Transfer Student On-Campus Housing Information

Fall Transfer Student Only Housing

Transfer Student Only Housing is an opportunity for on campus transfer students to live and connect with other transfer students, as well as participate in variety of activities together throughout the year. These housing opportunities are located in University Place and Golden Bear Village South. Transfer students will select their housing assignment during the week of Special Interest Housing Room Selection in June. There is no application.

Transfer Student Living Learning community logo

Transfer Students who are requesting to live with a current Kutztown student in the fall must:

  • Have paid their Advanced Registration Deposit (ARD) by March 8, 2024
  • Email with the first and last names of the current student you are requesting to live with. 

To be eligible to select and live in Transfer Student Only Housing assignments, a student must:

  • Be an incoming transfer student.
  • Completed a MyCollegeRoomie profile by May 31, 2024.
  • Incoming transfer students DO NOT need to complete a Special Interest Housing application.
  • Although it is not required to have a roommate to participate in room selection, both roommates must be transfer students. Roommate Matching ends on by May 31, 2024.
  • PLEASE NOTE: Transfer students living with a first-year student roommate will select during the traditional New Student Room Selection week in June.

Transfer students who do not participate in room selection in June will be placed by the Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services Office.  

  • Students should still complete their MyCollegeRoomie. 
  • If you have a housing request, you may email
  • We try to honor housing requests, but spaces are limited and based on availability. We cannot guarantee requests.

Transfer Student Spring Room Selection:

For more information, please visit our room selection page.