Break and Summer Session Housing
Kutztown University offers housing to our students during academic year breaks and summer sessions. Students interested in Thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break or summer session housing should reach out to our office for specific instructions.
The residence halls remain open during fall break.
Thanksgiving Break Housing
The residence halls close for Thanksgiving Break, but accommodation can be made available upon request. Limited access to on-campus amenities are offered. Campus residents interested in the accommodation must contact Housing and Residence Life in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 106 Old Main for more information.
Winter Break Housing
Winter Break Housing is offered to enrolled students for an additional cost. Limited access to on-campus amenities are offered. Please email email@example.com or visit 106 Old Main for more information.
Spring Break Housing
Spring Break Housing is offered to enrolled students for an additional cost. Limited access to on-campus amenities are offered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 106 Old Main for more information.
Summer Session Housing
Summer I and Summer II students will be assigned to a single in either a single or double occupancy room in a Golden Bear Village South apartment. Please note that Golden Bear Village South apartments are air conditioned.
Housing cost for 5 week session: $900.00
Your Building Director during Summer Session is reachable through the Residence Life & Housing and Dining Services Office (106 Old Main) 610-683-4027.
Summer Housing Registration Process
- Email email@example.com to request summer housing and receive instructions.
- Come to 106 Old Main to complete the Summer Housing paperwork.
- If you need to cancel after you register, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email to your KU email account once your housing assignment has been completed.
- Your fee will be generated on your KU account within 48 hours of your assignment being completed.
- Once your assignment has been completed, you will be expected to pay your bill prior to moving into your assignment on campus.
Summer Housing Information
- Students interested in Summer Housing will be required to agree to the Summer Housing License.
- Summer Session Housing will be provided in Golden Bear Village South. All students will be assigned to a single in either a single or double occupancy room in a Golden Bear Village South apartment for the length of their summer session.
- The cost for Summer Session housing is $900 a session.
- Assignments will be completed prior to check-in for all students and will be available on student's MYHOUSING information page.
- Large special interest groups may be assigned upon arrival for check-in.
- The Building Director during Summer Session will be reachable through Residence Life & Housing and Dining Services Office (106 Old Main) 610-683-4027.
- Residents will adhere to all regulations as outlined in The Key and the Housing Contract.
- Residents will be jointly responsible for damaged items in common areas, and individually responsible for damaged items, where a specific individual is found responsible.
Students are allowed to park their car in any white-lined parking space.
Check-In & Check-Out
Check-in will take place in the Golden Bear Village South Office located in the breezeway of Building 10. You will receive check-out information at a later date; please monitor your KU student email throughout the summer for check-out instructions.
Summer Session 1 (5 weeks: May 30, 2023 – July 3, 2023)
- Check-in takes place Monday, May 29, 2023 from 2-4 p.m.
- Check-out must be by 6 p.m. on Monday, July 3, 2023.
Summer Session 2 (5 weeks: July 10, 2023 – August 10, 2023)
- Check-in takes place on Sunday, July 9, 2023 from 2-4 p.m.
- Check-out must be by 6 p.m. on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
Items to Bring to Campus
We strongly suggest you bring only the necessities. Items of value should be left at home. Some of the things you should consider bringing are:
Linen, pillows, bedding, towels, toiletries, toilet paper, laundry bag or basket (coin-operated washers and dryers are available), hangers, alarm clock, desk supplies, desk lamp, touch-tone telephone (you may use your own calling card, or place "collect" calls- long distance service is not available). There is no charge for local calls. Voice mail and call waiting services are provided at no charge).
Computers can be used in Old Main Computer Lab. If you are interested in connecting to the campus network and Internet, you will receive additional information at check-in.
Withdrawing and Refunds for Summer Sessions
If you need to cancel housing after you register, please send an email to email@example.com immediately.
Please visit Office of Student Accounts page for policy on summer fee refunds for withdrawals.