Mission, Vision, Purpose and Institutional Learning Outcomes
Kutztown University's mission is to provide
Kutztown University aspires to be a regional center of excellence providing opportunities for advanced academic, cultural, and public service experiences, within a caring community, designed to promote success in a global society.
Grounded in regional history and focused on innovative futures through the colleges of Business, Education, Liberal Arts & Sciences and Visual & Performing Arts; Kutztown University:
- offers a contemporary liberal arts education as the foundation for inspiring and challenging students to grow intellectually, professionally, ethically, civically, and socially;
- provides support for students to reach their unique potential;
- commits to access and diversity, drawing upon international, national, regional, and community partnerships to prepare new generations of global citizens;
- values the life experiences of students, faculty, and staff to create a caring community on a beautiful campus;
- cultivates opportunities for students to engage the world and pursue meaningful lives and careers through collaboration, mentorship, and intentional working relationships.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
- Communicate Effectively
- Think Critically and Creatively
- Value Diversity
- Acquire Knowledge
- Practice Social and Professional Integrity