MSW Accreditation Information
- The MSW program at Kutztown University applied to the Council on Social Work Education for Candidacy Eligibility. (September 30, 2002)
- The Council on Social Work Education Approved Eligibility for Candidacy Application (December 17, 2002).
- Candidacy Application was submitted to CSWE on January 15, 2003
- CSWE Commissioner's Candidacy visit on April 17, 2003
- In his report following the April 17 visit, CSWE Commissioner, Dr. Joseph Regan, recommends the program to be placed in candidacy status (May 5, 2003)
- The program is scheduled to be reviewed for Candidacy on November 15, 2003
- Candidacy Status Granted by the Council on Social Work Education Nov 15, 2003
- Benchmark Level II was submitted to CSWE on February 8, 2004
- Second Year in Candidacy awarded at the CSWE Commission on Accreditation (COA) meeting, October 16, 2004
- Benchmark Level III to be submitted by February 15, 2005
- CSWE Commissioner's Second Candidacy Visit (Benchmark Level III) April 18 and 19, 2005
- In his report to CSWE commission following his visit on April 18-19, CSWE Commissioner Dr. Bob Vernon, recommends that "The program is ready to proceed the Self Study/Site Visit stage."
- Program seeks authorization for Site Visit for Initial Accreditation. At the October 2005 meeting, the Commission of Accreditation (COA) accepted Commissioner Robert Vernon's decision that the master's social work program seeks authorization of site visit for initial accreditation.
- Self-Study for Initial Accreditation submitted to CSWE on December 1, 2005
- Successful site team visit took place on April 17-20, 2006. Nineteen areas of program strength identified---This is the last step toward accreditation decision by CSWE. Commission will consider decision on their October 2006 meeting.
- Full Initial CSWE Accreditation granted from academic year 2003-2004 to October 2010
- CSWE reaffirmed MSW Program Accreditation for eight years (AY 2008 to October 2018)
- CSWE reaffirmed the MSW program's accreditation for the next eight years (October, 2018-October, 2026).