Kutztown University Wraps Comprehensive Campaign
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Foundation unveiled the impact of Together, We’re Golden: The Campaign for Kutztown University Saturday, Sept. 9, revealing that $46,852,180 was raised to create scholarships, bolster emergency funds and enhance student experiences.
The campaign, the largest in the university’s history, had two goals: raise $40,000,000 and strengthen KU’s network by engaging with alumni and friends for 40,000 hours. The engagement goal was also exceeded, totaling 56,734 hours.
“I am humbled by the support of the alumni, donors and friends who made this campaign a success,” said Alex Ogeka, executive director of the KU Foundation. “To have exceeded both our fundraising and engagement goals is a monumental accomplishment – and to have done so in the midst of a global pandemic is a true testament to the passion and determination of the Golden Bear spirit.”
Through the course of Together, We’re Golden, the KU Foundation:
- Created 163 new scholarships for students.
- Identified more than 10,000 new donors.
- Worked with donors to bring their philanthropic visions to life on campus with projects like:
- Wells-Rapp Center for Mallet Percussion Research.
- DeLight E. Breidegam Building: Headquarters of the Pennsylvania German Cultural Heritage Center.
- Fred and Martha ’02 Hafer Scanning Electron Microscope Lab.
- Nancy Jean Stump Seiger ‘54 Botanical Research Center.
- C. R. Chambliss Astronomical Observatory.
- Beebe Family Conference Room in the newly renovated de Francesco Building.
- Grew its endowment to $40,000,000.
About Kutztown University Foundation
The Kutztown University Foundation is the fundraising and alumni relations partner to Kutztown University. For more information on the KU Foundation and how you can help transform lives, please visit www.kuf.org.